TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Hi Nate. Yes, I took two of them apart like this one.
People Seeking Info

Subject Hi Nate. Yes, I took two of them apart like this one.

Posted by DVDBURN (MD) on March 12, 2015 at 8:31 PM
  This message has been viewed 322 times.

In Reply To Cool info! Have you found... posted by nb623107 on March 12, 2015 at 03:50 PM

Message First of all, there was a slight difference in ohm readings when turned to the lowest resistance (closed throttle). One was pretty steady at 400 ohm and the other would jump around a little between 200 and 400 ohm. However, areas were at or below where you would set the voltage to .4 volts. I tried cleaning both but there was no difference. I'm assuming they have a lot of wear in that spot at idle.

Another way to set the TPS position which may be better to compansate for not so good working TPS sensors would be to attach a multimeter set to check continuity to the closed throttle switch and adjust the TPS to right at the point where the switch closes. The voltage shouldn't bounce around. If it does then the throttle flap has to be moving to cause the change and there probably isn't much you can do about it. A very small change is probably ok and as long as it doesn't change enough to cause the switch to open you should be ok.

www.mytwinturbo.com

Nissan Data Voice - The first Nissan diagnostic software with a voice!

Nissan Data Voice on YouTube

Download my Nissan 300ZX Vin/Model Lookup.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.